I'm just going to try to pass along the info I've received. If I'm mistaken, please let me know.
1. The UIL went to the Appendix B protocols a couple of years ago - w/o input from high school coaches.
2. Use of the protocols resulted in questionable DQ's at the 2010 & 2011 state meets.
3. TISCA lobbied the UIL to either add video review or eliminate the use of the automated system.
4. The UIL agreed to implement rule changes, provided three hundred (300) high school coaches - and their athletic directors - make their wishes known in writing - on district letterhead - within sixty (60) days.
That's it, right?
The clock is ticking!
Athletic directors are incredibly busy with baseball/softball playoffs and state tournaments in tennis, track, and golf. Even if they are on board with the changes, it's tough to track them down right now.
With this in mind, I'm told:
If you're a coach wishing to support the rule change - but you don't have your A.D.'s signature stamp handy - you can send your letter anyway.
It's as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Click on the link below,
2. print, sign, & date, and
3. email, fax, or mail it to Traci Neely.
Letter to UIL