Nancy Pelosi claims we should lower the voting age to sixteen. How in the world can our nanny-state justify such a thing? The fools running our states (and country) can't come close to figuring out when a young person becomes an adult.
In my opinion, some choices* an "adult" should be able to make include:
a) buying a car/motorcycle,
b) drinking alcohol,
c) using tobacco products,
d) joining the military,
e) quitting school,
f) getting married,
g) getting a tattoo/piercing,
h) voting/running for elected office,
i) opening a bank account,
j) owning property/houses,
k) buying fireworks,
l) legally changing your name,**
m) driving at night, and
I mean, if you're mature enough to go to college, shouldn't you be able to gamble away your Christmas training per diem?
Some Twitter-ers posted their thoughts on lowering the voting age to sixteen by sharing some of the things they were thinking/doing at that age.
When I was 16 I stapled my arm for 5 bucks...more than once. Since then I've wisened up and my price gone up to 15.
When I was 16, I sucked a drinking glass to my face for 10 minutes and gave my lower face a giant hickey that took 3 weeks to heal
When I was 16 my friends and I were rolling dice to see who had to put peanut butter on their feet and let the dogs lick it off. When I was 16 I wore parachute pants
When I was 16 I listened to Lincoln Park and owned a pair of cargo shorts
When I was 16, I drank a cup of popcorn oil for $10.00 and belly flopped off the 3-meter high dive for a soda.
When I was 16 I liked Obama only because "he talks nice and seems cool" When I was sixteen I made $20 taking a shot of dial handsoap.
When I was 16 I would have given anything to be able to have a tattoo of Axl Rose's face on my butt cheek
When I was 16 I thought jumping off 421 Bridge into the lake was an outstanding idea (it was not) When I was 16 I drove west for 3000 miles because Jim Morrison said the west is the best. I'm not sure 18 is old enough to vote.
I was still ding dong ditching people at 16 years old.
When I was 16 me and my friends went into PetSmart and bought a bunch of live mice and then let them loose in Kroger
When I was 16 I pierced my own belly button with a thumbtack and was genuinely surprised when it got infected
At 16 I was still getting grounded
When I was 16 I stuck my bare butt out the bus window on a dare....to win a jolly rancher. Then did it again in front of some parents. Double or nothing.
When I was 16 I went to the staff parking lot of my high school and rearranged the teachers license plates.
When I was 16 I accidentally set my own hair on fire
When I was 16, I thought Vanilla Ice was an innovator. When I was 16 my friends and I put nair all over our chests and it gave us chemical burns, then my cousin bit into a chlorine tablet 16 year olds should not be voting
*Not saying they're all good choices
**I'm thinking about making the switch to "Beto"
***If you're looking to waste even more time here, you might be able to find one (1) I threw in from personal experience
I never actually witnessed Clay Henry “drink” a beer. I did see him slam
them, guzzle them and ferociously ingest them at a rate capable of
incapacitating a full-grown man in minutes. To see it in person was
nothing short of incredible.
Above is a not-so-great picture of some "artwork" at the Starlight.
It didn't have a title, but I'd have called it "Cyclops of the Public Cement Pond" as it was an underwater pool light with a bunch of other crap stuck to it.
YEAR: Online tickets will be
available this year at,2019
UIL State Swimming & Diving
tickets will still be available on the day of the
meet. The Box Office and gates will open an hour
and a half prior to the start of each session on
Friday (8:30 – 6A session; 4:00 – 5A
session) and an hour prior to the start of each
session on Saturday (8:30 – 6A session; 2:30
– 5A session). Please note, ALL tickets for
the State Meet are General Admission and saving
permitted. Re-entry isnotallowed
unless an ALL-MEET ticket is purchased.
(Cash and Credit Cards ONLY. No checks will be
1. Scoreboard flickered a few times, then "died" early in prelims. During that time Meet Mobile wasn't active, so fans were more than a little unhappy.
2. Remember that new rule about marking sides of pools for 15m? Well...traffic cones...
3. Swimmer patiently paying attention to coach in love with sound of own voice. Meanwhile, 30 yards away, event is on the blocks...but missing just one kid. You guessed it, motor-mouth's kid is now a no-show. Meet referee was kind enough to make it a "delay of meet" DQ. Could have easily been out rest of meet for NS.
4. Meet director told of late scratch in medley relay, which created open lane in championship finals. Went ahead and swam consols as originally seeded. Put 17th place team in championship final open lane. Compounded error by allowing consolation winners to move up to 8th place and score additional four points. Went to meet committee and they backed meet director. Rule book clearly states consolation finalists can score no higher than 9th place (a.k.a. The Death Seat) points. My rule book is now in a dumpster somewhere out back of the facility...
5. Coaches shocked when they receive email showing a six-hour+ timeline for finals. Must have forgotten diving was the night before.
6. Official setting out lap counters for finals. Pauses to turn each one to "red" before placing neatly on bulkhead. Apparently it was opposite day.
7. About that scoreboard...reanimated late in finals session...