Monday, April 22, 2024

Unparalleled Success

 


Eddie Reese retirement dinner was fantastic!  Thanks to DJA for letting me tag along!


Left to Right:  Ian Carbone, Madison Wenzler, Patrick Murphy, & Bobby Button


One of my "Eddie stories":

Dana Abbott and I were watching an Orange/White meet when Cole Cragin was disqualified for a 15m violation.

I turned to Dana and said "I wish one of my kids could get DQ'ed for going too far underwater."

Eddie looked at me and said "Well, that's on you, coach."

Ouch!!! He was absolutely correct - it was on me.

So, that Timberview HS team worked on underwater dolphin kicking more than any group I'd ever coached.

A guy named Henry Isobi ended up breaking Bobby's school record in the 100 butterfly that year - and it was because he was great underwater!


1 comment:

DJA said...

You need a LIKE button for these thangs.