Might swimming return a year or two down the road?
Sam Houston State needs an assistant director for aquatics and safety. Job info is here.
The City of Coppell needs a Recreation Center Manager. Job info is here.
A coach is needed at Frisco Liberty. Contact Galen Zimmerman at 469-633-5870.
2012 UIL 4A Results
Top Texas teams in Virtual Club Championship - as of 3/13/12 - w/national rank in parentheses:
Alamo Area Aquatics Association - 229,554 (7)
Nitro Swimming - 229,493 (8)
North Texas Nadadores - 206,712 (19)
The Woodlands Swim Team- 201, 551 (26)
Cypress Fairbanks Swim Team - 200,308 (27)
Take what you need? Former Rangers pitcher Don Carman didn't want to waste time in post-game interviews. In 1990, while with the Phillies, he posted this on his locker:
You saw the game. Take what you need.
1. I'm just glad to be here. I just want to help the club any way I can.
2. Baseball's a funny game.
3. I'd rather be lucky than good.
4. We're going to take the season one game at a time.
5. You're only as good as your last game (last at-bat).
6. This game has really changed.
7. If we stay healthy we should be right there.
8. It takes 24 (25) players.
9. We need two more players to take us over the top: Babe Ruth & Lou Gehrig.
10. We have a different hero every day.
11. We'll get 'em tomorrow.
12. This team seems ready to gel.
13. With a couple breaks, we win that game.
14. That All-Star voting is a joke.
15. The catcher and I were on the same wavelength.
16. I just went right at 'em.
17. I did my best and that's all I can do.
18. You just can't pitch behind.
19. That's the name of the game.
20. We've got to have fun.
21. I didn't have my good stuff, but I battled 'em.
22. Give the guy some credit; he hit a good pitch.
23. He, we were due to catch a break or two.
26. That's why they pay him _____ million dollars.
27. Even I could have hit that pitch.
28. I know you are but what am I?
29. I was getting my off-speed stuff over so they couldn't sit on the fastball.
30. I had my at 'em ball going today.
31. I had some great plays made behind me tonight.
32. I couldn't have done it without my teammates.
33. You saw it... write it.
34. I just wanted to go as hard as I could as long as I could.
35. I'm seeing the ball real good.
36. I hit that ball good.
37. I don't get paid to hit.
Via Lists of Note (check it out!)
Another good one is 10 Commandments for Con Men:
1.Be a patient listener (it is this, not fast talking, that gets a con-man his coups).
2.Never look bored.
3.Wait for the other person to reveal any political opinions, then agree with them.
4.Let the other person reveal religious views, then have the same ones.
5.Hint at sex talk, but don’t follow it up unless the other fellow shows a strong interest.
6.Never discuss illness, unless some special concern is shown.
7.Never pry into a person’s personal circumstances (they’ll tell you all eventually).
8.Never boast. Just let your importance be quietly obvious.
9.Never be untidy.
10.Never get drunk.
Buy UIL State Meet Pics:
Tuscon Ford's Kevin Milak (formerly of Blue Tide) talks about the NCSA Junior National meet: