Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Clark Wilson


via Facebook

The Texas swimming community will miss CAT coach Clark Wilson.  He was a very, very committed swim coach who poured everything into his program and athletes.  Huge loss!

Read George Whitley's article on Clark here

“Clark was a special human being with a great heart. He was someone that if you’d ever met him it was like you knew him all your life,” reflected legendary University of Texas swim coach Eddie Reese. “To be a good swim coach, I think first you’ve got to be a good person. And Clark had that all the way. We lost him way too soon.”

“I didn’t really know a whole lot about swimming when I came to Clark. He helped me exponentially. I was a kid that just swam for fun and here was a guy that made swimming his life’s work,” Koudelka recalled. “I couldn’t have asked for a better coach. He was a coach and a father figure to a lot of the kids on the team. He didn’t just coach swimming, he coached life.”

From Kristen Litwak via Facebook:

The Celebration of Life for Coach Clark will be on Saturday, April the 14th at 11am at the 1st Methodist Church in Longview. If you have pictures that you would like to share for our slideshow, please email me at whatever2653@yahoo.com. Thank you!

Immediately following the Church service, we would like to invite everyone to share memories, stories and laughs we had with Coach Clark. We will be gathering in the youth room upstairs at the First Methodist Church in Longview. There will be food, refreshments and hopefully many laughs. If you would like to bring a dish or desert to share, please let me know so we can plan accordingly. I look forward to seeing everyone at the Celebration of Life for a man we will all genuinely miss and whose shoes can never be filled.

I was very lucky to spend time with Clark at this year's 5A state meet.  Still can't believe he's gone.  I will miss him.

I'm working on a 4A & Under Mythical State Meet - going to call it the Clark Wilson Invitational.  Please keep sending me 5A district results files.  I'll sort out all the kids/relays from 4A and smaller schools.





No comments: