Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Misc.


Updated a few of the club time standards links.  Sorry for the delays.

via Swimming World

USA Swimming article on Clark Smith is here

“Swimming is fun… sometimes. I definitely still find enjoyment in it. I think I was about 4 when I started lessons. I remember loathing it sometimes as a kid because I was either lazy or would rather be playing with my friends in the street. If I’m being honest, it’s not the most fun sport, but it is definitely the most rewarding. There’s no doubt about that.”

Oops!  There goes the "Funnest Sport" campaign down the main drain...


In funnest sport news, swim program dropper Maryland defeated swim program supporter Ohio State for the men's NCAA title.  Matt Rambo:

via The Reporter


USMS Short Course Nationals (Ryan Lochte appeared)

Cap2k Results


FloSwimming caught up with Eddie Reese here

Unfortunately, his message about changing training plans will be totally ignored by the group of coaches who need it most...

Pulled up hike journal and here's what I posted two years ago today.  We were in New Jersey:

Day 113 - 5/30
On trail by 6:30. Another hot and humid day. We surprised a large bear and were glad he took off into the woods. Stopped at High Point State Park HQ. Signing in got us some trail magic and I was able to buy some postcards. They were kind enough to remind us that hitchhiking is illegal in New Jersey, then we went out and got a hitch into Port Jervis. Couldn't get pics off camera on Days Inn computer, so that will have to wait until I can get onto a better computer.

Getting rides in PA & NJ was pretty tough, but there were a handful of folks who'd pick up scruffy lookin' stinky guys now and then.

Guy that picked us up that day said "Everybody thinks guys from New Jersey are rude, but we're just honest.  The place I'm taking you has a shower and laundry."


No comments: