Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Allison Beebe Featured


via fortbendstar

Yesterday's 20 Questions on USA Swimming featured former FCST coach Allison Beebe.  Read it all here

11. How did you react to that swim as a coach?
Allison:
I think my biggest focus was I knew I had this really talented swimmer and I wanted to be protective of her. I wanted to make sure she wasn’t that fast age-grouper that we didn’t see in five years. I would only let her do five workouts a week at most then and she had to take a day off in the middle of the week. And we never had her lift weights in high school.
 

12. Why not?
Allison:
She was breaking records without ever touching a weight. So we were going to let her keep improving and see where it went. My biggest focus in her career was to keep challenging her but not using all the tools in the tool box.

No comments: