Via Friendswood ISD's John Little:
Head Lifeguard Friendswood ISD Natatorium
Part time hourly position, anticipated opening Jan 1, 2017. This is an ideal position for a college student in the Friendswood, League City, Clear Lake, Pearland area to earn extra money working in the evenings and Saturdays while attending classes during the day. The hourly rate is $14.00/hour with additional hours potentially available. Interested parties should contact John Little, Aquatic Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, please include a resume.
A. Reports to the Aquatics Coordinator
The head lifeguard will be responsible for all of the daily duties during the absence of the Aquatics Coordinator. Responsible for managing daily natatorium operations including, but not limited to, supervising lifeguard staff, daily reports, maintaining the facility, planning and conducting in-service training for staff, natatorium maintenance/chemicals, performing lifeguard duties.
C. Specific duties and responsibilities
1. Be responsible for the safety of facility patrons, oversee sign-in sheet.
2. Be responsible for the supervision of the lifeguard and instructor staff.
3. Enforce all of the facility’s policies, rules and regulations.
4. Respond to patron inquiries and concerns.
5. Supervises the general care and cleaning of the facility and maintenance and minor repair of equipment.
6. Inspects the facility on a daily schedule and reports any unsafe conditions and equipment to the Aquatics Coordinator immediately.
7. Assists in maintaining records, reports and information regarding the following; session patron attendance, water chemistry, bacteriological reports, timesheets and occurrence reports.
8. Assist in scheduling lifeguard staff.
9. Assists in training new staff.
10. Assist in weekly in-service for lifeguards.
11. Perform lifeguard duties.
12. Additional duties assigned by the Aquatics Coordinator.
1. American Red Cross Lifeguard Training (required)
2. First Aid, CPR and AED training (required)
3. American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (preferred)
4. American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (preferred)
5. Certified Coach Member of USA Swimming (optional)
6. NSPF “Certified Pool-Spa Operator” (C.P.O.) or equivalent (preferred)