TEXAS SWIMMING

Friday, June 06, 2014

Chuck Wielgus Apology


(via ZwemZa)

Read full piece on USA Swimming site here.

From the "Better Late Than Never" file:

I brought this on myself in April 2010 when I said I had nothing to apologize for on a national television interview. Subsequently, I remained, if not defiant, at least defensive. While USA Swimming developed its groundbreaking Safe Sport Program, I championed the work of our national governing body. I talked about all the good that USA Swimming was doing in the fight to eradicate sexual abuse. But, I never apologized.

Will also end up in the "Too Little Too Late" file...

If y'all think our big-time USA Swimming sponsor corporations aren't watching all this, you're living in a dream world!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Lion King said…

    Wielgus = Gilmore

    JQP = Flaherty

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xaQu3uP6VA

     

Post a Comment

<< Home